Monday 27 February 2012

Costume Research in Hereford

As part of my Final Major Project at the University of Glamorgan I am working with the View+ project in Hereford to reconstruct an 1889 costume from an original photograph. For this project I am doing a great deal of primary research including taking pattern from original garments and taking detailed drawings of them.  I am using the collections at Hereford Museum Resource and Learning Centre as my main source. This research will be ongoing for the next few months, below are a few of the items I've looked at so far.

1) Drawing the interior of a grey and black c.1883 day dress.

 2) Dawing an 1880s maroon and grey bustle dress on the stand. This dress would be worn with a bustle support underneath which would make the skirt stand out more at the back.

3) Drawing 1870s bustles

4) Taking a pattern from an 1877 bustle.

5) Taking a pattern from the skirt of the c.1880s dress drawn in photo 2.


No comments:

Post a Comment